Temple...

Hello everyone!! This week was really good! Me and Elder Snyder have been getting along really well!! He has started to be a little more talkative now that he isn't a total deer in the headlights like he was when he first got off the plane haha. 

 We got to go to the temple this week!! That was so much fun I had the best time ever! I have really started to appreciate the temple since I've been out here because we go so few times. I don't think I took full advantage of just how nice we have have it in Utah to have 5 temples within 40 min of my house. I should've been going way more often!! But as much as I have missed going to the temple, I know that it is not my main purpose as a missionary. I am here to do the work of the living, not the work of the dead (someone told me that so don't quote me on it haha). 

 Unfortunately, we really haven't gotten anywhere with any of our investigators this week, had a lot of cancellations. But we have started working with a few more less active members, we had dinner with one less active family named the Branhams on Friday. They are way cool and they have a nine year old son who is unbaptized, so that makes them even more cool haha. Hopefully as we work with them and help them to see the need for the Gospel in their lives that will naturally spark the interest for them to have their son (Royce is his name) join them. 

 The stake is putting on a Nativity this upcoming week, and it is a big dang deal here. They have been doing it for 15 years and it has become a production! We got to help them set up for it on Friday and it took all day and there is still more work to be done! It will be a great chance to get non members introduced to the church. We are for sure taking the Branhams one day and we are trying really hard to get all of our other investigators there as well! 

 Did blitzes for the first time this week! which is basically all the missionaries in the district work in one area for a few hours, we worked in the Chapparal ward on Saturday and it was really weird working in a different ward. I really enjoyed it tho! 

 Also watched the Christmas devotional on Sunday, that was super awesome, hope everyone else got a chance to watch it!! 

 Love you all hope you all had a good week! 

 Elder Shields





Comments