Touching Experience...

We got introduced to a guy named George Mijares this week. He was born a member of the church but he hasn't gone in a long time. He's had a really rough life, like two jail sentences, he's been shot several times, been homeless for a while, he has a pretty crazy life story. But he has recently been making strides to try and come back to church. We have been able to go over and visit him a few times, he lives out of Motel 6 just a bit outside our area. And I got the opportunity of giving him a blessing! It was a pretty touching experience, I was so glad that I was able to use the priesthood that I have to bless someone else's life. 

So Elder Mann got sick on Tuesday so that was literally the worst thing ever!!! He was in bed all day just sleeping, so I just got to chill in the apartment all day! I read a ton of scriptures and watched like an hour and a half of the District (which is so boring), and luckily I had my rubix cubes so I did that to pass the time a little bit. It was even worse because Tuesday was going to be such a busy day. We had service in the morning, we had a lesson with Bridget, a dinner appointment, and we were going to the setting apart of one of the young men in the ward that we have gotten pretty close to (Josh Bradshaw, we did service at his house last week), he left on his mission to Benin and Togo in West Africa on Wednesday. So I was pretty freaking upset all day, but hey stuff like that happens. 

My Bday was pretty good tho! There was a member (the Jamchis) who have a kid with the same Bday as me so we went over there and they had cupcakes and stuff and they sang to me and the little boy (his name is Austin).  I got the package the stuff was so nice! I loved the stickers for the hydroflask they were so awesome! I haven't had time to make the brownies tho :( , but the sisters who live in the same apartment complex as us (Sister Chong and Sister Watson) decorated my door and made me cookies!  Also, Sister Watson made a cake and lunch for everyone between Sunday conference sessions because there were three birthdays on that day (Elder Eddins, Elder Holfeltz, and Sister Chong) plus mine like three days before that.

Nothing else crazy in regards to investigators or finding people, it has been pretty hard finding people in this area, people are gone like all day because people who live here commute to work like two hours each way! And then when they are home it's usually late and they don't really want to talk. It's super frustrating, but we are still working hard to find those who need to hear it and I'm confident that if we keep looking we will be able to find those who need the Gospel!! 

Love you guys,
    
Elder Shields

My door on the night of September 27th, thx to the Sisters!!

Me with all the other B-day people who actually had their
b-days on October 1st

Comments