Teaching Gospel Principles...

Hello Everyone! 

Transfers were this last week and I'm chillin' another 6 weeks with Elder Mann in French Valley! Our zone leader Elder Eddins just got made an AP so that was pretty cool! Our district is staying the same other than that. Our zone got huge tho, we got some visa waiters and the Spanish branch has two sets of missionaries now. I'll send a pic of the new zone. 

Bummer this week Bridget cancelled on us and didn't show up to church :( We are worried about her. But we won't lose hope! She is ready for the gospel and we aren't going to give up on her! One of the sisters in the ward (Sister Bradshaw) offered to go over and see how she was doing today and just make sure everything was okay with her. Hoping she gets in contact with her. 

Good news with Shaelee tho!! The Bishop got in contact with her mom and she is okay with us coming over and teaching her! We are trying to find a time to go over and meet the fam and start teaching. 

Me and Elder Mann got to teach gospel principles on Sunday. It was very last minute, like the guy texted us the night before. It was pretty good!! I taught most of the lesson which I was kinda expecting because Elder Mann is so quiet, but I'm fine with it now I've just gotten used to it.  I like church a lot tho! A ton of good people in the ward, and now that I have been in the ward a little longer I actually know most of them haha. At first church was so stressful because I didn't know anyone and I would just freak out inside. 

I got to meet someone who plays for the White Sox! His name is Rob Brantly and he is a less active member we went over to visit. We were talking to him and he was like ya I travel a lot for my job I'm gone 8 months of the year, I play baseball for the White Sox. After that I was pretty much speechless, I didn't think I was one to get star struck, but I was pretty much useless after I knew who he was. He probs thought I was the most awkward person in the world haha. 

Love all of you!! 

Elder Shields 

Last district pic with Elder Eddins
(he's the on to the right of me)
The new zone

I almost stepped on this little guy on the road


Comments