Harvest Festival...

So gonna be honest, this week was pretty rough. We weren't able to get in contact with Bridget again, the guy Richard we talked to last week hasn't responded to anything either. And tho we had a really solid lesson with Shaelee and her fam, she ended up not coming to church, again. It is really hard when I know that what we have to share will make these people happier, but they just won't listen or act on what we say when we ask them to do something! ugh oh well. 

There was some fun things that happened tho. I went on exchanges with Elder Draper, who is my District leader and that was a lot of fun! He serves in a biking area so I got to take my bike over there and use it for the first time on my mission! It was so freaking tiring! I was like dead by the end of the day, but it was really nice just to have a change of pace, and I got to see just how easy we have it over in French Valley with a car haha. 

We also had the Harvest Festival (fancy way to say Halloween party) on Tuesday! It was a lot of fun! They had chili and soup and hot dogs for everyone to eat, and everyone was all dressed up in costumes (I was Elder Mann for the party, and he was me haha) Me and Elder Mann got to run one of the little game booths that they had set up around the gym. It was this little wack a mole type game, but ya it was pretty sweet. And we got so much candy and cake and they gave us like two boxes of leftover cupcakes so that was a bonus as well. 

Today for P day we are going bowling, which I am so excited for, I haven't gone in so long! and then we are doing combined activity with the Murrieta zone, we are getting hawaiian food catered to us because of some awesome members and then we are going to watch the Saratov Approach (scariest movie that is approved). I'll send some pics next week. 

Love you all,

Elder Shields

Me and Draper (that is a fire behind us)

Elder Mann fell asleep like that...lol


Comments