Happy Birthday Grandpa Shields...

Hey Grandpa Happy Birthday!!! 

I am so grateful for you and I love you so much! I have always appreciated the support from you in sports and other hobbies, I don't think I could remember any sporting event or choir performance that you didn't go to. Thank you for being such a huge fan! 

Your example in the Gospel has also been inspiring to me. It has helped me become who I am and get me where I am. I am sad not to be at your birthday party, but I know that I am where I need to be. I want to bear my testimony to you first on the importance of family. This family has meant the world to me and there many (but especially Grandpa Shields) who has set an amazing example for me to follow. 

I also have come to know of the importance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it has been restored to the earth today through a Prophet and I know the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and the word of God. But, most importantly, I know that Jesus is my Savior. 

Happy Birthday Grandpa! You’re number one! And…go Aggies!!! 

Love,

Elder Shields

The Missionaries showed up to the party after all!




Comments